12 Cheap PostgreSQL Hosting Providers and Platforms for 2022
If you want to know about PostgreSQL, its advantages and disadvantages, and all the famous cheap PostgreSQL hosting services, you are exactly at the right place as this article has covered everything important for you under one roof.
Blogs and other simple websites are not really enough for storing larger and more complex datasets. This is where PostgreSQL (usually pronounced as post-gres-QL) web hosting comes to the rescue. It is developed as the world’s most advanced open source Database and is super flexible and powerful to use.
Just in case you are looking for a database management system that can easily handle all the standard SQL constructs virtually, is fast and efficient to use, supports OBDC, and has a great API, PostgreSQL is your go-to-option.
To effectively leverage the data, having access to free PostgreSQL hosting can turn out to be essential for developers. Since PostgreSQL are specialized services with added performance, security, and scalability, they can turn out to be quite complicated and expensive.
What is PostgreSQL?
If you are still stuck thinking about what PostgreSQL actually is, this portion of the article will cover all your queries regarding it.
PostgreSQL is basically an open-source relational DBMS (a Database Management System) that enjoys much support from the hosting providers and developers because of its amazing features. These features include serving, editing, storing, and sorting out the data that is stored in databases to various applications and websites.
Because of its robust features, proven architecture, reliability, extensibility, data integrity, and consistently delivering innovative and performant solutions, PostgreSQL has gained huge popularity among developers. Here are a few of the major uses and benefits of using it.
Uses of PostgreSQL Database
- PostgreSQL can prove to be an ideal database system for the financial industry. It is an amazing choice for online transaction systems since it is fully ACID compliant.
- You can also use it in manufacturing industries in order to speed up the overall business process. They can also use this open-source DBMS as a storage backend and optimize their supply chain performance.
- When it comes to scientific research, almost terabytes of data need to be stored. This is where PostgreSQL can prove to be an excellent choice.
- It can be the best choice for websites that have to handle thousands of requests per second, as scalability can be a big issue.
Benefits of PostgreSQL Database
- Since PostgreSQL is open-source, you are allowed to modify and use it as per your business requirements.
- There is absolutely no license fee.
- Due to its easy extensibility, it comes with many features of enhanced security. Using the right TDE and Data Masking, you will get a very secure database using this service.
- PostgreSQL database can be as large as you need it to be as it can easily grow due to great scalability.
- The strong reliability ensures that the bugs are fixed without any delay.
12 Cheap PostgreSQL Hosting Providers and Platforms
#1. A2Hosting – Overall Best PostgreSQL Hosting
A2Hosting is considered one of the best yet cheap PostgreSQL hosting services because it is almost 20 times faster than its competitive hosts. This means that your site will have higher conversion rates, better SEO rankings, and lower bounce rates. Their highly optimized PostgreSQL hosting packages come with 20X faster speed, 40% more CPU power, 9 times more traffic handling, and 3X faster read/write speed with SSDs.
This hosting service allows the user to have quite much diversity in types of plans and features available. You will have the option of managing your database/site on your own or having the consultation of A2hosting gurus to do it for you. Besides PostgreSQL, they also support MariaDB, MongoDB, MySQL, SQLite, and phpMyAdmin databases.
Just because A2Hosting has made speed and reliability their topmost priority, they stand out among other competitor hosting companies. The best features they have to offer include:
- Best developer tools.
- Extremely fast loading times.
- 99.9% uptime (data will be available anytime it is needed).
- A dedicated customer support team is available 24/7/365.
- Free account migration (A2hosting team will migrate your database/site without any fees).
- 30 Days money-back guarantee and pro-rated refunds.
- 40% Faster CPUs and 9X more traffic handling
Benefits of Using A2Hosting
- A2Hosting offers various managed and unmanaged plans with plenty of options.
- Free SSDs are included.
- Allows you to choose server locations from the USA, Asia, or Europe.
- Expert and fluent English-speaking staff are available all the time for customer services.
- It is ideal for PostgreSQL databases since it allows almost six times faster rendering.
- You are allowed to install programs quickly, securely, and automatically.
- It is 100% carbon neutral and supports green energy.
- Offers good peace of mind because of resources redundancy.
- Lags and load delays may be present, but they are mostly unnoticeable.
Final Verdict on A2Hosting
With all the features and benefits A2Hosting offers, our final verdict is that you can definitely trust this service. If you want your website or database to be fast enough and fixed easily if any problem occurs, A2Hosting is a great solution.
#2. BlueHost – Our Runner-up Choice for Cheap PostgreSQL Web Hosting Plans
Looking for a web hosting service that is affordable, stable, and easy to use? Look no more, as BlueHost is here to provide it all. BlueHost is known for offering excellent features at the most reasonable prices, so it can easily be used and trusted by even beginners. When it comes to databases like PostgreSQL, BlueHost makes the site creation process a breeze with all the easy-to-use features it has to offer.
Having a 5-star rating all over the internet, BlueHost guarantees to deliver 100% satisfaction to its users with the best uptime, types of hosting, affordable prices, refund security, etc. It offers different hosting plans and perks, including Google Ads, resource protection, domain manager, easy website creation, SSL certificates, and Google My Business with each account.
The best part is BlueHost’s shared web hosting packages are not only the cheapest but also compatible with PostgreSQL database hosting. You can also choose VPS hosting for highly isolated and dedicated resources if budget isn’t an issue – their managed VPS packages are pocket-friendly too.
Although it requires a very low cost from the users, it has some great features to offer that are mentioned below:
- Allows unlimited parking of domains, including subdomains.
- Unlimited databases with upgraded plans.
- Offers one-click installation of WordPress.
- Client support is available 24/7.
- Offers SSD storage.
- Free SSL certificates.
- Includes all-time favorite and essential features.
- Sitelock Pro security features.
- Free CDN integration included.
Benefits of Using BlueHost
- It offers unlimited disk storage.
- Very easy to use interface.
- Allows site migration absolutely free of cost.
- It comes with excellent WordPress hosting plans.
- Many databases and languages are included, like MySQL, PostgreSQL, PHP, Python, etc.
- On all new accounts, WordPress is installed by default.
- Optimized plans for WooCommerce and WordPress.
- It offers a custom control cPanel with industry-standard features.
- Affordable PostgreSQL hosting with guaranteed performance and reliability.
Final Verdict on BlueHost
Having excellent uptime, stability enhancing tools, and numerous e-commerce add-ons, BlueHost is definitely one of the best cheap PostgreSQL hosting platforms that you can easily count on for running your business online with ease and flexibility.
#3. KamateraExpress – Cheap Cloud PostgreSQL Hosting
KamateraExpress is an absolutely great option if you are looking for cloud hosting providers that are very reliable and affordable for PostgreSQL database servers. Working since 1995 as an IT company, they have a variety of cloud hosting products and VPS packages that include hybrid, private and public clouds.
Kamatera offers a wide range of cloud products that include block storage, scalable cloud server with hourly/monthly pricing, cloud firewalls, load balancers, and much more. You are even allowed to configure a custom server yourself if any of the pre-configured plans don’t meet your requirements or demands. Furthermore, their virtual private servers are also empowered by the cloud infrastructure, that means your databases will be up and running 99.95%.
If you are wondering what makes KamateraExpress stand out, here are a few of the amazing features that it has to offer:
- Allows easy deployment of a server within 55 seconds.
- Pricing is very budget-friendly.
- Simple monitoring and backup procedures.
- Load balancers and SSDs for enhanced speed
- Allows managing hosting account with a custom control panel.
- An excellent uptime guarantee of 99.95% per server.
- No requirement of working with hardware for maintenance.
- Easy disaster recovery.
- Continuous backup scheduling.
- Affordable cloud and VPS hosting for PostgreSQL databases
Benefits of Using KamateraExpress
- The staff for customer assistance is extremely skilled and supportive.
- Provides a free trial of 30 days to allow customers to check their quality.
- It doesn’t force the users to stick to a long term plan.
- For all of its products, it guarantees high uptime.
- It offers great service speed.
- Every query of clients is answered within a few seconds, thanks to live chat.
- There is no need to choose a pre-configured plan as you are allowed to pay for exactly what you demand.
- Very easy to scale cloud VPS.
- There is a wide range of configuration options available to choose from.
- Support other databases such as MongoDB, MySQL, etc.
Final Verdict on KamateraExpress
Not only is KamateraExpress an amazing platform for cloud SSD VPS services and traditional VPS it provides, but it is also great for almost all range of cloud hosting solutions in one place under great supervision by the customer care staff. You can check it for yourself by availing of the 30-day long FREE trial with $100 credits.
#4. InMotion Hosting – Best Cheapest PostgreSQL Hosting on Shared Servers
Making its name for almost 20 years in the industry, InMotion is a well-known hosting service because of offering all hosting features in one place. It doesn’t cost your arms or legs for providing 20 times faster hosting servers as it is very budget-friendly and affordable.
From transferring your existing domain to getting a new one to custom drag layouts on WordPress, you will get all the necessary features that you require for your site.
Along with offering shared hosting plans, InMotion Hosting also has some additional great features, including:
- Protects data with hack and malware protection, SSL, and DDoS prevention.
- Includes one-click install of most of the popular web apps.
- Easy manageability and growth of websites using cPanel.
- Runs website almost 20 times faster as compared to the competitors.
- Allows a super-fast and easy start with WordPress.
- SSH access and codes in the languages that you know the best.
- Allows hosting multiple websites.
- Guaranteed satisfaction.
- Money-back guarantee in the first 90 days.
Benefits of Using InMotionHosting
- When it comes to excellent performance within an affordable budget, InMotion Hosting is a great option.
- The up-time feature is above industry standards of 99.95%.
- It offers 90 days money-back guarantee if the user isn’t satisfied with the services.
- Offers multiple support systems, including Phone, live chat, Skype, etc.
- Free site migration irrespective of which hosting plan they take up.
- Offers plenty of room to grow and offers various plans accordingly.
- It is a solid A+ when it comes to being extremely fast.
- SSD is included, and SSH Access is supported.
Final Verdict on InMotionHosting
InMotion is considered to be one of the cheapest shared PostgreSQL hosting because it offers solid performance and customer support whenever needed at lower prices. Additionally, it has been included in WHSR’s list of the best small businesses and best email hosting because of the features it has to offer.
5. InterServer – Cheap VPS PostgreSQL Hosting
If you are looking for an affordable web hosting service for your business or blog that offers great features, too, InterServer is definitely your go-to option. Its fast and reliable services have surely made it stand out among competitors.
They promise 99.9% up-time, and the secured infrastructure delivers the most reliable and protected performance. Bonus, their customer support agents are available 24/7, so you don’t need to worry if you have got any queries to be answered any time of the day.
InterServer has also made it to our list of affordable PostgreSQL hosting because of the amazing features it has to offer, including:
- Most budget-friendly PostgreSQL VPS plans.
- Lighting Fast Loading Speed.
- 9% uptime guarantee.
- Gives you full control over your site.
- Cloud VPS has self-healing hardware.
- Allows customizing the resources and plans.
- Allows updating/scaling data and servers anytime.
- Installing the operating system and control panel without having to seek permission from InterServer.
- Top-notch security using Openvz, KVM, Hyper-v virtualization that guarantees great protection.
Benefits of Using InterServer
- It is very affordable as the entry-level plans start at 2.5 USD only with high-quality features.
- There is no huge price increase as the prices are the same when you sign up and when you renew your membership.
- Every plan includes all the major necessities like plenty of disk space, great Hosting, a very fast network, and other system resources.
- Offers very impressive site response times.
- Offers free security tools like inter-shield security that help in blocking web attacks and scans for viruses.
- Comes with the fastest backup system.
- It also includes an auto-recovery feature which is useful if any disaster happens.
- The customer service team is available 24/7 for the users.
Final Verdict on InterServer
All the features and benefits that InterServer has to offer have made it quite competitive in the industry. Additionally, since all their plans are very affordable and even the starter plan offers everything unlimited, it is a great option if you are tight on your budget.
#6. GreenGeeks – Managed PostgreSQL VPS and Dedicated Servers
If you are concerned about the environment and take care of your carbon footprint in everything that you use, this web hosting will help you out in doing so.
There is no denying the fact that it is one of the most eco-friendly web hosts you can opt for. For four consecutive years, GreenGeeks has been listed among the 5000 fastest-growing companies in America. They provide PostgreSQL web hosting through VPS and dedicated hosting servers.
Along with contributing to making this planet clean and green, the GreenGeeks hosting plans have other great features, too, including:
- cPanel is the primary web hosting control panel.
- Free migration service for already existing websites.
- Commitment to preserving the environment.
- No charges initially for registering a new domain name.
- Little to no downtime for data migration.
- Offers free website builders for newbies.
- Uptime guarantee up to 99.9%.
- SEO tools are included for making websites easily available in Google Search.
- Responsive themes for mobile devices.
Benefits of Using GreenGeeks
- GreenGeeks hosting is not only carbon-neutral but carbon-reducing. They replace three times of energy that they consume by purchasing wind energy credits.
- No matter where your audience is based, your website will be extremely fast when you use GreenGeeks as a host.
- They also offer optimization in order to help the page load super fast.
- GreenGeeks is very reliable when it comes to up-time as they offer almost 99.9% of up-time.
- They offer unlimited features, including unlimited data transfer, domains, SSD webspace, and databases, even when selecting the lowest-priced plan.
- A team of professionals is always handy since they offer customer support 24/7/365.
- They offer beginner-friendly features.
- The data privacy that they offer is very comprehensive.
Final Verdict on GreenGeeks
GreenGeeks has definitely made waves in the hosting industry because of its dedication towards a green and clean planet and the great features it offers. Going for this PostgreSQL web host can definitely prove to be great for your website or blog.
#7. SiteGround – Cheap Shared PostgreSQL Hosting with Excellent Support
In the WordPress community, SiteGround has made its place and is known as one of the highest-rated web hosting companies. This web hosting service has usually impressed its customers in terms of value and speed.
They acknowledge the fact that speed is king and, therefore, have worked their best to come up with lighting loading speed so that their customers are satisfied with their web hosting. SiteGround guarantees a quick response time no matter from where the users are running the website.
SiteGround has made sure that its web hosting services are user friendly, and some of the features that help them in doing so are:
- 97% of the score on Google Page Speed Insights.
- Ultra-fast network.
- SSD persistent storage (thousand times faster than regular drives).
- Supercacher for faster loading of content.
- Free Cloudflare CDN service is included in all plans.
- Automatically update PHP versions.
- SSL certificates for protecting websites from cyber-attacks.
- Excellent customer service.
- Offers exclusive WordPress support.
Benefits of Using SiteGround
- It is one of the most reliable web hosting companies to use because of the 99.99% uptime.
- The website it is hosting will be available to customers all the time.
- Deliver excellent site speed loading times, so the customers don’t have to wait.
- Offers a custom web application firewall for protecting your website from hackers.
- Includes free WordPress installation, security plugin, performance optimization.
- Along with hosting, it also offers customers to manage their domains directly from the dashboard.
- It offers large number of extensions including .net, .com, .info, .blog, .shop, .online, etc.
- All the hosting plans are backed up by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Final Verdict on SiteGround
Due to its great reliability, flexible plans, and excellent customer services, SiteGround can be a great web hosting service to benefit from.
Hostinger can prove to be a great web hosting service for small to large enterprises since it offers various hosting options, including shared hosting, Windows VPS hosting, cloud hosting, VPS hosting, and website builder tools.
For users that subscribe to a yearly plan on this platform, Hostinger offers a free domain for the first year (shared packages). You are allowed to choose from any domain of extensions, including .site, .com, .net, and much more. Their VPS servers starting as low as $3.95 per month are compatible for hosting PostgreSQL databases.
The cheapest PostgreSQL VPS hosting plan comes with 1 CPU Core, 1Gb of RAM, 20GB of storage, 1TB of bandwidth, full root access, 100 Mb/sec network uplink, IPv4 & IPv6, and a dedicated IP address.
While some of the main features are already mentioned above, here are some additional features that this web hosting service has to offer:
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- 99.9% up-time.
- Customer support is available 24/7/365
- Drag and drop website builder.
- Unlimited disk storage.
- Unlimited subdomains.
- Automated backups.
Benefits of Using Hostinger
- Uses Litespeed web server as their main web server, which allows the users to enjoy various features at an improved speed.
- It is very easy to set up and comes with clear instructions.
- Allows installing WordPress with an automatic one-click process.
- The customer service team is available 24/7/365 to answer all your queries.
- Hostinger allows you to get updated plans as you grow your audience and content.
- The control panel of Hostinger is very easy to use, even for beginners.
- In case of no satisfaction, the company allows a money-back guarantee within 30 days.
- 9% up-time, which allows bloggers to increase their rankings.
Final Verdict on Hostinger
Being easy to set up, fast, reliable, and secure, Hostinger can prove to be a great web hosting service for beginners. It will help new bloggers save their money along with helping them to manage their blogs and learn the basics of blogging.
#9. Vultr – Cheapest PostgreSQL Hosting on Clouds
If you are looking for the cheapest cloud hosting that supports the PostgreSQL databases, Vultr is an excellent choice. It offers cloud-based cheap PostgreSQL hosting instances through its cutting-edge cloud infrastructure built with enterprise-grade hardware. Found in 2014, Vultr is a one place solution for all cloud-related services, and its mission is to simplify the cloud as much as possible.
One of its main aims is to boost up the global footprint and provide reliable services to the customers so that they are able to launch a fast SSD cloud server. They offer 100% SSD by using the latest generation Intel CPU on the control panel.
Vultr is not only bound to offer 100% SSD storage because they have numerous other features for their customers, including:
- Intuitive Interface.
- Instant Server Deployment
- Easy snapshots.
- Quick view server health.
- Ultra-fast Intel core.
- Custom control panel
- Outstanding speed.
- Top-notch security measures.
Benefits of Using Vultr
- Vultr guarantees great performance by providing 100% host node uptime and 100% network uptime.
- The cloud servers provided by Vultr are extremely reliable.
- They provide plenty of hosting options, including dedicated cloud, bare metal, cloud computing, and Kubernetes.
- It comes with block storage that will allow you to create expandable storage volumes that SSDs back.
- Vultr is super easy to use along with being extremely fast to not keep customers waiting for pages to load.
- It also allows the users to have a custom feature-rich control panel that is also easy to use compared to the competitors.
Final Verdict on Vultr
Due to its simple interface, Vultr can easily be used by beginners. However, since cloud hosting is much more advanced as compared to regular web hosting, it may take some time to be learned.
#10. HostPapa – Cheap Managed VPS PostgreSQL Hosting
For small business owners, beginners and bloggers, HostPapa definitely stands out as a web hosting service because of the cheaper initial plan rates that it offers. These affordable plans include many necessary features that beginners and small business owners require.
It has been in the industry for almost ten years and has grown since then. They have made a great reputation among the competitors because of being eco-friendly web hosting service and ease of use.
Along with being very easy to use and an environmentally friendly web hosting service, HostPapa has some additional great features, including:
- Latest speed technology.
- SSD hard drives to store databases.
- Unlimited websites hosted.
- Unlimited email accounts.
- Excellent customer service.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Free domain registration.
- Unlimited disk space.
- Start Edition website builder.
Benefits of Using HostPapa
The HostPapa offers almost 99.96% of up-time, with only recording four hours of downtime throughout a year.
- The web hosting service is fast enough to prevent customers from running away while waiting.
- It offers a variety of customer support options to help the customers in various ways.
- Includes numerous security features such as monitoring, intrusion detection, server firewall, DDoS attack prevention, etc.
- Most of their hosting plans offer a 30-day money-back guarantee in case of dissatisfaction.
- The prices start very low from 2.95 USD only.
- They have made a public commitment to go green and control carbon footprints.
Final Verdict on HostPapa
Since their up-time is almost perfect and also guarantees fast loading time, HostPapa can definitely be recommended.
If you are a small business and need solid PostgreSQL hosting servers, HostGator can prove to be a great option for you. It offers a built-in security measure for your website or blogs, looking after your needs and budgets.
Although the initial prices are quite affordable, there is one thing to be kept in mind many additional features in HostGator are offered at additional prices.
Some of the major features that make HostGator one of the best web hosts are:
- Domain registration and transfer.
- Unlimited storage with hosting plans.
- Free HostGator SSL certificate.
- Easy app integration.
- Shared and Dedicated server options.
- Virtual Private Servers for privacy.
Benefits of Using HostGator
- All the plans in the HostGator web hosting service come with unlimited storage.
- There is no limit to bandwidth, so they are unable to limit the traffic that your site may get.
- It supports many programming languages, including Perl, Python, PHP, etc.
- They have flexible terms for purchasing plans.
Final Verdict on HostGator
Reviews show that even though the up-time of HostGator is exceptionally great, the speed should be better. If you can compromise on this factor, then HostGator can be recommended.
#12. HostWinds – Cheap Managed PostgreSQL VPS Hosting
If you need a platform that provides web hosting along with unlimited email accounts and website builder features, HostWinds is the best option. From 99.9% up-time to getting full ownership of your web hosting infrastructure, you will get it all using HostWinds.
For small or medium businesses that want to make an online presence, HostWinds can definitely turn out to be a great investment. HostWinds is great for providing an all-in-one service because of giving access to a website builder to its users.
With all the features that they have to offer, HostWinds has made up to be one of the most reliable cheap PostgreSQL hosting services. These features include:
- PostgreSQL hosting through managed and unmanaged VPS hosting (Starting at $4/month)
- Guaranteed uptime and quick client assistance.
- Support various Linux distros as well as custom ISOs.
- Regular nightly backups for data protection.
- Solid state drives storage for fast rendering.
- Multiple data center locations.
- Free website transfer.
- Enterprise firewall to avoid cyber attacks
Benefits of Using HostWinds
- HostWinds offer free migration transfer for the first 60 days.
- They have excellent customer service and have won many awards for this service.
- For all three of their plans, HostWinds provide free SSL certificates to guarantee the protection of data to the customers.
- All the hosting plans come with unlimited email accounts, and that too for free.
- It is an all-in-one service as it gives access to Weebly’s website builder.
- There is unlimited disk space to store your data with all the plans.
- Up-time is extremely good, up to 99.9%.
- The dashboard of HostWinds and the control panel are extremely easy to use, even for beginners.
- It uses SSD drives to increase read and write speed.
Final Verdict on HostWinds
With solid up-time, speed, giving reliable and impressive PostgreSQL hosting solutions to its customers, HostWinds is definitely one of our recommended cheap PostgreSQL hosting platforms for VPS servers that you can use.
The above reviewed companies are some of the most stable and worth using cheap PostgreSQL hosting services to host your database for enjoying the ultimate performance, easy scalability, and affordable plans prices. Choose any of these web hosts for peace of mind web hosting services.