Best SiteGround Alternatives and Competitors 2018
No matter whatever the reason is, if you’re interested to know which is the top SiteGround alternative, then this article will assist you to pick the good one.
We are a big fan of SiteGround, using their services for last 2+ years. They are fantastic in delivering outstanding speed, reliability, and uptime. Furthermore, the customer support provided by the company is JUST incredible. So far, this type of technical support only comes in managed hosting.
But, due to limited CPU executions/secs or specific monthly visitors, some users may search other SiteGround competitors that are offering the similar services, but higher allowed visitors per month as well as bandwidth.
We have used 12+ web hosting companies over the last 3 years, already shared many posts on hosting providers, so here are some top recommendations that can replace SiteGround.
Best SiteGround Alternative and Competitors in 2018
InMotionHosting – Editor’s Choice
Consistently ranking as among the most independent and largest web hosting service providers, InMotion operates competitively on a global scale. Started back in 2001 and now handling thousands of users around the world under their platform. Furthermore, they are also a top hosting company by CNET.
It is not part of Endurance International, a corporation which owns most of its competitors. Businesses have grown to love the efficiency as well as flexible packages. Business Hosting is the cheapest option, with Dedicated Servers being the most expensive.
Experienced webmasters trust this service to secure client credentials and other data daily. InMotion Hosting had earned more than 25500 client compliments by 2017, with prospects looking even better as time goes by.
They are fully committed to Open Source, actively supporting great developer and software communities. The investment in technology is simply appalling, ensuring that customers receive unrivaled efficiency and 99.9% uptime.
To ensure fast loading and best performance they rely on custom server cache, PHP 7, and SSDs. The availability of Turbo servers located in West and East Coast helps the users choose the best server according to their targeted traffic.
- They allow 2 websites which make them the best SiteGround alternative
- Free SSL certificates and Domain Name
- 24/7 Highly responsive support channels for clients
- Impeccable onboarding which makes it easier for new clients to get started
- Unlimited SSD based storage and bandwidth
- 99.9% uptime stability with fastest loading speed
- Prolong 90 days money back guarantee
- Multiple supporting channels including chat, call, email, and Skype.
- Most novice clients view the price point as being high especially for large businesses
- Allow a limited number of databases on the basic package
- Priority support available in the high-end plan
GreenGeeks – Runner-Up
In the competitive web hosting industry, GreenGeeks ranks highly as a true up and comer, growing immensely in a little over a decade. Among web professionals, business people, and individuals, GreenGeeks continues to earn incredible reputation.
Mainly focusing on Green Hosting, GreenGeeks is dedicated to reducing the carbon footprint through various initiatives. As we use the internet and modern technology, we contribute largely to the greenhouse effect; the 300% reduction by this provider is worth it. They reinvest three times of the used power from grids in shape of renewable energies.
Unlike many other companies, GreenGeeks is not out to swindle you off every penny you have. Quite the contrary, the company has beneficial policies designed to give your business a competitive advantage.
Whether on live support or phone, customer service providers are at your beck and call. Tiered support makes operations run even more smoothly, increasing the productivity potential immensely just like SiteGround. Both of these hosts has expert staff to help you fix technical and general problems on the go.
A standard cPanel is in place, allowing you to use a one-click installation of all popular scripts; Drupal and WordPress, for instance.
- Blazingly fast loading speed through SSD’s
- Various data centers for low latency
- Unmetered SSD storage and monthly data transfer
- Few sites assigned to every server, boosting operation speeds
- Boasts of a robust platform precision-engineered for accredited businesses
- 30-day money back guarantee should it fail to appease you
- Excellent for individuals, bloggers, and companies alike
- Even with the refund, the expensive domain fee is not covered, but it’s normal in the hosting industry
- Higher discount only available if you choose long term contract such as 3-year
As an independent hosting company A2 has a lot going for its global clientele. Their excellent support is further complemented by the focus on speed and 20x performance. Offering a wide range of hosting solutions ranging from shared to dedicated at reasonable prices. Even Windows based servers also cost less than many providers.
This SiteGround alternative not only provides SSD hosting but each shared account comes with unlimited web space and bandwidth alongside 99.9% uptime guarantee. Where SiteGround allows 30 days money back guarantee, A2Hosting offer anytime refund policy. Plus, Global Data Centers have been precisely located to foster a global reach.
If your business actively sells products, A2Hosting presents you with many tools to enhance your competitive edge. Creating online stores is as easy as using OpenCart, AbanteCart, PrestaShop, and other readily usable tools.
There are Security Socket Layers designed purposefully to protect all the information in these and other stores. The safety of online transactions is guaranteed. The company ensures that uptime remains at its highest, avoiding unnecessary delays with the help pro-active monitoring round the clock.
On the other hand, they managed to get a 5-star rating by third party 23k+ users and A+ BBB rating making then one of the strongest contestant in this roundup.
- Different packages offering extensive features across all budgetary constraints
- Unparallel 24/7/365 customer service by Guru’s
- Just like the competition, they also have in-house built A2Optimized feature
- Turbo 20x page load with custom APC/OPcache, and Memcached
- Highly competitive in pricing with unmetered space and bandwidth
- 30-Day full money back guarantee and then pro-rated credits for unused services
- Its cheapest plan is riddled with restrictions
- Ultimate performance only available for expensive package
- Server Rewind backups feature not included in “Lite” account
Arguably one of the most user friendly and trusted hosting service, FastComet has earned the place in my fastest web hosting services list. With almost similar features and specific restriction on each account, they are a closed alternative to SiteGround. The key to its success is a non-compromising attitude to provide the highest performance for clients.
In the 70+ countries it operates, FastComet ensures instant access by placing 8 data centers strategically. Plus, free domain name forever is the most noteworthy thing you should know about them. To avail such benefit, all you have to do is maintain hosting bills and the company will renew your domain name at no additional fees. It’s a pure $12 to $15 per year saving.
For every package one subscribes to, there are numerous benefits such as the latest cPanel version and unlimited sub and parked domains. Customers also get MySQL Database and Email Accounts, expanding your business opportunities further.
Once you register for a domain, you never have to pay for it again. Hosting renewals are also flexible with no unwarranted charges. The best part is they don’t demand higher fees at the time of renewal. You’ll be asked to pay the same prices as you had initially.
- Different data centers built with SSD and latest hardware
- The best option for users who can’t compromise on speed and uptime
- Page-loading time is impeccable and keeps on improving
- An easy-to-use cPanel and client control area
- Quick response to all customer queries through various channels including chat, email, and phone
- Live chat is not as helpful as it should be – it looks like their focus is targeting sales related queries
BlueHost stands in the list of top 20 largest web hosting companies that is also recommended by the leading CMS WordPress.org. This is not merely a WordPress shop, but in essence as powerful for big business as it is for personal blogs. They are providing broad range hosting solutions ranging from shared to dedicated servers with feature rich plans.
The control panel is extremely easy to use, thanks to the custom designed cPanel. Most beginners will naturally choose this when getting their websites going; there are numerous friendly packages which cause this.
Though this company offers no guarantee for uptime, testing reveals that they remain within the realm of the most competitive alternatives. All the while, customer support is ready to answer all queries, besides helping you navigate the websites.
Small businesses which suffer immensely from downtimes can feel a sense of relief with the consistency provided by this company. As your business scales up, there are numerous options to choose from, albeit at a higher price but lower than SiteGround hosting.
- Impressive team resources and customer care support
- An impeccable 99.9% uptime with under 2 second load time
- Variety of web hosting choices
- Free SSL, Backup, and cPanel hosting
- The option to open unlimited email addresses (varies)
- Massive storage space even for the “Starter”
- $200 Search engines marketing credits
- You’ll have to subscribe for a longer term to get higher discounts
- They don’t have Windows based servers
- No data center choices just like SiteGround
- Very limited email accounts are allowed for the basic plan with only 100MB space
With our 20 years of business experience, DreamHost has learned immensely and used the opportunities to deliver better services than before. Among the list of services that offer dedicated, WordPress, VPS, Cloud, and Shared web hosting, it’s a one-stop shop for webmasters and bloggers to get everything with outstanding quality.
These and other features and services are presented to you in the most alluring style, motivating your business to rank even higher. With no special offers and other sales gimmicks, DreamHost feels authentic even to new users. The professionalism is awesome similar to SiteGround.
Once clients have settled for a domain name, DreamHost allows you to create an account with a complete profile. Users may also choose to select a sub-domain or ignore this requirement until later.
Regarding speed and uptime, they have solid state drives in place to render the website content 200% faster than traditional drives. Furthermore, multiple cache rules on server-end deliver beyond the expectation speed as well as uptime. So, all of these features make them one the best SiteGround alternatives that is capable of handling all of your domain under a single account.
- Stands in the best domain name providers list
- Using SSD’s and modern technologies for quality services
- Free security certificates and bulletproof measures
- Step-by-step website creation with numerous flexible options
- An extensive knowledge base to allow you more performance control
- Trusted by many leading corporations globally
- Easy to master and grow your business with
- Free Remixer website builder
- When starting, there is not much direct support to help novices learn quickly
- They are quite complicated regarding customer support via phone call
- Live chat is not available 24/7 as compared to SiteGround
If you are starting off your website hosting venture on a tight budget, it doesn’t get better than with KnownHost. Even with shared hosting, customer support is as efficient as ensuring that your site runs at optimum performance levels.
To get visitors to view your site instantaneously, SSD drives are used across all the hosting plans. This company boasts of having some of the top quality, yet high performing, SSDs, and other hardware just to ensure unbeatable loading speed.
All servers by KnownHost has DDoS protection, ensuring that your confidential information is never leaked or altered. With a guarantee of upto 99.9%, it is clear why many global businesses choose to go with this service provider.
Free backups and site migration also included for all accounts alongside 1-click installer for 100+ of apps. The fully automatic system take snapshots and store it on off-server for ultimate protection. Free Comodo SSL, HTTP/2 protocol, LiteSpeed, LSCache, IPv6 support, and managed support are other perks by KnownHost.
- No fees for backups and restore unlike SiteGround
- Various PHP version choices
- SSL certificate, SSD cloud storage, and 99.99% uptime
- Standard cPanel control panel for easy management
- Insanely lower prices than SG
- Premium class support round the clock
- Easy to get started and manage websites personally without professional input
- The best-priced when it comes to WordPress hosting
- The starter package has insufficient space of just 5GB, but the rest is awesome
Since its inception in 2007, TMDHosting has experienced immense growth in this very competitive field. Within 6 years, it already had 60,000 recurrent customers satisfied with the services offered.
In the U.S alone, this company has four data centers located strategically for maximum speed and low ping. Large and small businesses benefit greatly from the numerous offers available and easily changeable.
With an extensive 60-day money back guarantee, they offer more value than average hosting services. Within this time, clients are free to opt out without having to incur any further expenses.
Your domain name remains free forever, a virtue which other providers will rarely accord you. All data centers are secured with military-grade systems, keeping out even the corniest hackers.
When selecting the monthly payment system, Users can choose whether to pay annually. Alternatively, they can settle the payments every two or three years, motivating them to set even higher goals.
- A free domain name for all annual accounts
- One-click installer to take benefits from 300+ apps
- Round the clock expert support
- 16x performance through multi-layer cache
- Multiple 7 data centers around the world like SiteGround
- Instead of 30 days, they offer 60 days money back guarantee with any time opt-out option
- Data centers are secured from all types of breaches
- Over 10+ years of experience
- Max. performance only available in expensive packages
This company was set up with the intention of attracting professional bloggers, eCommerce users, and other startups. It has since grown into something much bigger (handling 40k+ customers), hosting all manner of apps and other online systems.
If you wish to transfer your website, this company will not charge you a single penny, all while ensuring zero downtime. If you are just starting out, you will find the rates attractive and highly flexible as your business expands.
A free domain name is yet another perk, saving you a few bucks. Installing software is as easy as following short prompts. The best prices require clients to commit longer, but it’s worth it as this SSD hosting provider includes 2 website management in the very first “Spark” account.
Thumbed up by many professional bloggers and reviews sites such as WPBeginner, WebHostingGeeks, and WhoIsHostingThis. So, you can’t be wrong by choosing WebHostingHub to avail superior uptime as well as page loading speed. Unmetered SSD based storage and bandwidth are also mentionable features when looking top SiteGround alternative.
- Shared and standard hosting services receive excellent support to boost performance
- 90-days money back guarantee is generous
- Softaculous for even more suite applications to enrich the experience
- Provision of support which eliminates the need for a web developer
- Free website transfer and domain name
- Free SSL, 20x speed, and drag&drop site builder
- It is not a top recommendation for sites which require flexible scaling and resources
Hostinger – SSD Hosting at Lower Rates than SiteGround
Previously known as “Hosting Media”, this company has grown enormously to become popular among websites and blog owners. It now serves well over 29 millions clients worldwide, with precisely located data centers.
The account is easy to set up, avoiding the vagueness common with many other web hosting providers. With three different options, you can pick the best fitted hosting package as per your need. They offer Single, Premium, and Business Web Hosting plans coming with great features.
However, the “Business” subscription allows ultimate performance, countless websites, 4x WordPress optimization, and much more. Users having a small blog can pick “Single” as costs only $2.15/month.
Transferring domain names has been made intricately easier, ensuring you get set up within a few minutes. There are tutorials to guide you as well as many other resources and live support.
Once you choose what to install, Hostinger takes you directly to the installation option. This automation brings on board a new level of business growth and success.
- Suitable for those with small establishments for gradual growth
- Way lower prices than SiteGround with a whopping 100GB bandwidth
- There are few restrictions even with the least expensive plan
- Higher plans come with advanced optimization on server-level
- You can choose from numerous responsive templates
- Best money-value hosting with impressive features
- For the live chat, clients are required to be actively logged in
Which one would be perfect for you solely depends on your need, budget, and monthly visits.
If want to have unlimited bandwidth along with unmetered SSD hosting then InMotionHosting is best to choose. They provide free domain name, backups, 400+ one-click apps installer, and excellent customer support. On top of that, 90-days money back guarantee is way longer than SiteGround which is only 30 days.
For runner-up, you choose GreenGeeks. They also use solid state drives, allowing unlimited domains on single account with restriction-free monthly data transfer. Free domain registration, backup, and 24/7 support also included via live chat, phone, and email. It’s the best money-value service to host countless domains and cheaper alternative to SiteGround.
Final Thoughts: What’s the Best SiteGround Alternative?
InMotionHosting is our top recommendation for round the clock technical support and ultimate speed. They provide robust service with the help Turbo Servers, Max speed zones, and custom cache system to ensure bleeding edge speeds across the world. They are the most competitive host in this roundup to get similar services and features.