Cheap IPv6 VPS Hosting 2024 (Best Affordable Options)
Do you know that every mobile phone, computer, laptop, or any other digital device needs an IP address to communicate between other devices? It is also essential for developers to get IPv6 VPS hosting for ultimate performance, security, and server latency.
An IP address is a unique string of characters used for identifying computers on a network. This IP address is usually needed to troubleshoot any kind of connection issues.
There are two popular kinds of IP addresses, namely IPv4 and IPv6, the former being a 32-bit address length while the latter is a 128-bit address length. However, in recent times, many VPS servers are now replacing IPv4 with IPv6 because of its weak protocol extensibility and not being able to accommodate the required number of additional parameters.
Due to this reason, many VPS servers are now coming with IPv6 addresses which are basically working without IPv4 addresses assigned.
If you want to know more about the IPv6 VPS servers and the benefits they offer, look no more, as we have covered everything important for you under one roof.
What is IPv6 and How it Works?
IPv6, also known as Internet Protocol Version 6, was designed by IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force), and it works as a layering protocol that allows communication to take place over the network. It is basically designed to supersede IPv4 since the number of internet users is increasing exponentially throughout the globe.
Some of the major benefits that IPv6 has to offer compared to IPv4 include making routing more efficient, providing more address space, using multicast addresses instead of broadcast, conserving network bandwidths quite significantly, using automatic configuration to avoid subnetting problems, providing seamless connections when devices are moved from one location to another, and carry out IPsec security.
Here’s how IPv6 works, relying on the following concepts.
- This address uses 128 bits which is around four times more than IPv4. The addresses are written in hexadecimal and consist of 32 hexadecimal numbers, which are grouped into eight groups of four digits written using a colon (:) in between as a separator.
- Suppose there are consecutive sections of zeros in an IP address. In that case, they can be replaced with two colons (::), but this technique is used only once in an address to avoid making it ambiguous or indeterminate.
- The IPv6 address is divided into two 64-bit segments: the top segment is the network component and the lower one is the node component. The network component is used for routing, while the node component is used for identifying the address of the node or interface.
- It can also work in URLs but with a different format than IPv4. The IPv6 addresses the need to use a colon as a separator and is enclosed in square brackets.
- IPv6 address also works in three different types.
- The Global Unicast Addresses started in 2001: and are routable on the internet. They are basically the same as that of IPv4 public addresses.
- The Unique Local Addresses are used inside an internal network like a local area network. They are routable on the internal network and not on the internet.
- The Link-Local Addresses are used as an internal network, and even when there is no routing, each IPv6 address needs to have a Link-Local address configured.
Best Cheap IPv6 VPS Hosting Providers 2024
1. InterServer – Overall Top-Rated Choice
InterServer has made it to the top of our list of best IPv6 VPS providers thanks to its extremely flexible deployment of online projects. This platform is not only economical but also quite well-balanced between storage, processor cores, and memory. What makes it stand out among competitors is its feature of one-click installation of the supported scripts, which include WordPress, Moodle, Typo3, and many more.
- Very affordable VPS plans that allow customization of resources according to your needs.
- Access or update data anytime and anywhere you need to.
- Have full control over your site, where you are free to decide what you want on your server.
- Lightning-fast loading speeds ensure fast-loading websites.
- Dedicated resources mean you are allowed to customize and choose resources according to your demands.
- The VPS comes with self-healing hardware, which means in case of any glitch on the hardware, the AI system will automatically detect the problem and redirect it to another node. This ensures that there will be absolutely no effect on your website’s performance.
- High-performance SSD storage ensures 99.9% guaranteed up-time and flawless performance.
Plans and Pricing
The pricing varies between Linux, Windows, and Storage VPS, and all of them come with sixteen different packages.
For Linux VPS, the first package starts at 6 USD/month and offers 1 CPU core, 2048 MB memory, 30GB SSD storage, and 2TB transfer. y
The second package starts at 12 USD/month and offers 2 CPU cores, 4096 MB memory, 60GB SSD storage, and 4TB transfer. The third package starts at 18 USD/month and offers 3 CPU cores, 6144 MB memory, 90GB SSD storage, and 6TB transfer.
The fourth package starts at 24 USD/month and offers 4 CPU cores, 8192 MB memory, 120GB SSD storage, and 8TB transfer.
You can check all other packages for Linux, Windows, and Storage VPS on InterServer and select the plan that best meets your IPv6 VPS requirements.
2. Hostinger – Cheapest IPv6 VPS Hosting with SSDs
If you want to fully control your VPS hosting, look no more, as Hostinger is here to look after your demand. Hostinger provides you with full root access, ensuring you enjoy the freedom of customizing your server hosting environment according to your demands and tracking all resources in real time.
- Each VPS provides enough processing power thanks to the powerful server that it runs on. These servers are equipped with terabytes of NVMe storage, Intel Xeon processors, and 512GB RAM.
- The network traffic is analyzed thoroughly, and all malicious activities are blocked through advanced learning machine techniques of the AI firewall.
- The VPS servers deliver fast website loading times and guarantee around 99.9% uptime.
- Other people’s site traffic won’t affect the speed of your website, thanks to the high performance this platform offers. The RAM, CPU, and disk space are all yours alone.
- The platform will keep your connections efficient and secure through the latest IP technology of IPv6.
- The manual live snapshots and automatic backups allow you to restore your applications or websites within minutes.
Plans and Pricing
Hostinger has eight packages that are priced with keeping in mind affordability and the best yet essential features.
VPS1 costs $3.99/mo and offers 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD storage, 1TB bandwidth, one snapshot, weekly backup, full root access, dedicated IP, and 24/7 support.
VPS2 costs $5.99/mo and offers 2GB RAM, 40GB SSD storage, 2TB bandwidth, one snapshot, weekly backup, full root access, dedicated IP, and 24/7 support.
VPS3 costs $7.99/mo and offers 3GB RAM, 60GB SSD storage, 3TB bandwidth, one snapshot, weekly backup, full root access, dedicated IP, and 24/7 support.
VPS4 costs $10.99/mo and offers 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD storage, 4TB bandwidth, one snapshot, weekly backup, full root access, dedicated IP, and 24/7 support.
You can check all other packages on Hostinger.com.
3. Vultr – Cheap Cloud IPv6 VPS Servers
Giving you the privilege of instant deployment no matter where you reside worldwide, Vultr has made it to our top three favorite IPv6 VPS services. With Vultr’s cloud platform, as soon as you click deploy, the cloud orchestration spins up your instance in your desired data center by taking over. The company’s cloud computing services are available in 32 different locations throughout the world. You can deploy your servers on six continents with just a few clicks.
- Infinite OS combinations, including Debian, Windows, CentOS, FreeBSD, etc.
- No requirement for long-term contracts by providing straightforward and affordable pricing where you just have to pay for only what you use.
- Deploy anything in seconds with your preferred operating system and pre-installed application.
- Enhance the capability of your server by adding powerful add-ons, including a firewall to protect one or more compute instances, automatic backups for mission-critical systems, snapshots to create copies of existing servers, DDoS protection for maximum uptime, flexible networking supporting dynamic changes to IPv4 and IPv6, etc.
- The control panel and API are extremely easy to use, allowing you to spend more time coding and less time managing your infrastructure.
- A public IPv6 network is developed to provide next-generation internet protocol.
- All VMs give you the privilege of full root access and a dedicated IP address separately assigned.
Plans and Pricing
The regular performance cloud computing plans are available in twelve different packages.
The first package starts at 2.50 USD/mo and offers one vCPU, 0.5GB memory, 0.5TB bandwidth, and 10GB storage.
The second package starts at 5 USD/mo and offers one vCPU, 1GB memory, 1TB bandwidth, and 25GB storage.
The third package starts at 10 USD/mo and offers one vCPU, 2GB memory, 2TB bandwidth, and 55GB storage.
You can check all other regular performance and high-performance cloud computing packages on Vultr.
Contabo is your go-to option if you are looking for flexible and fast IPv6 VPS instances with the best price-to-performance ratio. The Cloud VPS brings many excellent benefits for the users, including a truckload of RAM and traffic, NVMe SSDs, and featuring AMD EPYC 7282 processors, all of which ensure that you are allowed to build more for less.
Contabo stands out among competitors because of its numerous operating systems, apps, and deployment options in store for your virtual private server.
- Fast and responsive processors that are able to handle heavy workloads and meet all your project and application needs.
- Lightning-fast storage where you are allowed to choose NVMe SSD or regular SSD at absolutely no extra cost.
- The always-on DDoS protection ensures that Contabo’s global network is always protected at the network level.
- Every time you need your VPS servers, they can be provisioned within minutes.
- The high-speed virtual private clouds allow you to isolate your services and applications by creating private networks.
- Manage and automate your cloud resources via API or directly use Contabo CLI.
- Web UI is specifically designed to make cloud services and account management super easy for users.
Plans and Pricing
There are four plans to choose from, and all of them are backed by SSDs, massive bandwidth, and IPv6 IP addresses.
Cloud VPS S costs $8.49/mo and offers four vCPU cores, 8GB RAM, 50GB NVMe SSD storage, one snapshot, and 32TB traffic.
Cloud VPS M starts at $13.99/mo and offers six vCPU cores, 16GB RAM, 100GB NVMe SSD storage, two snapshots, and 32TB traffic.
Cloud VPS L costs $22.99/mo and offers eight vCPU cores, 30GB RAM, 200GB NVMe SSD storage, three snapshots, and 32TB traffic.
Cloud VPS XL, which is the high-end plan, is priced at $40.49/mo and offers ten vCPU cores, 60GB RAM, 400GB NVMe SSD storage, four snapshots, and 32TB traffic.
5. Hostwinds – Affordable Unmanaged IPv6 VPS Servers
For unmanaged Linux VPS hosting that also offers IPv6-enabled VPS servers, look no more as Hostwinds is here with its excellent services. The company has a cloud portal specifically designed for users to make their management tasks a breeze of the air. For your convenience, each IPv6 hosting server comes with a variety of additional tools so that you don’t have to put in extra effort to get things done.
- For all VPS plans, there is a real-time monitoring service that ensures that your instance is proactively monitored all the time.
- A support ticket is opened automatically in the event of a technical issue.
- Instant scalability allows you to increase the server resources any time you need to by upgrading to the next tier.
- The nightly backups are designed to ensure your data is thoroughly backed up. You have the privilege of deciding how long you wish to store the backups and when these backups run.
- There are various additional tools, including snapshots to take backup of VPS without any downtime, a firewall for providing security, volumes to add storage cost-effectively, and load balancers for distributing your application’s traffic thoroughly.
Plans and Pricing
HostWinds has ten different plans and configurations to meet all ranges of users.
Their entry plan costs $4.99 per month for 1 CPU, 1GB RAM, 30GB storage, and 1TB bandwidth.
Hostwinds runner-up plan costs $9.99 per month for 1 CPU, 2GB RAM, 50GB storage, and 2TB bandwidth.
The third package costs $18.99 per month for 2 CPUs, 4GB RAM, 75GB storage, and 2TB bandwidth.
If you need a powerful VPS, their top-of-the-line plan will suit you as it packs a massive 96GB RAM, 16 CPU Cores, 750GB storage, and 9TB bandwidth.
The virtual private servers provided by DreamHost come with excellent advanced features which can fulfill all your VPS requirements. No matter if your website or application is on a small or large scale, this platform has an amazing VPS configuration to look after all your needs.
What makes it one of the best web hosts for IPv6 hosting is the fact that it allows users to either go for a monthly, yearly, or directly to a three-year subscription, depending on what suits them. Additionally, all the features are available at an unbelievably affordable price with a money-back guarantee, so you won’t have to worry about your hard-earned money.
- Every VPS hosting server comes with resources that are completely dedicated to you to ensure unrivaled power and low latency.
- Not only is this platform’s control panel simple to use, but also very powerful, which allows your site to be up in minutes.
- As you grow, you can easily upgrade your resources, including RAM and storage, within a span of ten seconds.
- You are allowed to future-proof your account by getting an unlimited number of free IPv6 addresses.
- Automatic software updates ensure that there are experts who are handling the latest WordPress versions, Ubuntu OS updates, PHP releases, and security patches.
Plans and Pricing
There are a total of four VPS plans backed by all essential features and tools required for any developer or webmaster.
VPS Basic: is suitable for new and small websites, starting at $15/month, and offers 1GB of RAM, 30GB of SSD, unlimited hosted websites, unlimited traffic, free SSL certificate, and unlimited domain emails.
VPS Business: is suitable for small businesses, starting at $30/month, and offers 2GB RAM, 60GB SSD storage, unlimited websites, unlimited traffic, free SSL certificate, and unlimited domain emails.
VPS Professional: is suitable for resource-intensive sites, starting at $40/month, and offers 4GB RAM, 120GB SSD storage, unlimited websites, unlimited traffic, free SSL certificate, and unlimited domain emails.
VPS Enterprise: is suitable for resource-intensive sites, starting at $80/month, and offers 8GB RAM, 240GB SSD storage, unlimited websites, unlimited traffic, free SSL certificate, and unlimited domain emails.
DigitalOcean has made it to the list of best IPv6 VPS servers because it allows virtual machines to be set up in seconds, and that too by anyone. While this platform is quite simple to be used by any user, it is still very powerful for fast-growing businesses to get benefits from. From dependable uptime with 99.99% SLA to simple security tools and predictable monthly pricing, DigitalOcean has it all under one roof.
- Excellent monitoring, which monitors the droplet’s performance, collects metrics on visibility and gets alerts when any kind of problem arises, and that too at no additional cost.
- Free cloud firewalls are specifically designed to help in securing your infrastructure.
- Increase your application or website’s availability with load balancers that distribute the incoming traffic equally among a group of droplets.
- Easily deploy and manage your droplets through intuitive ULI, API, CI, and Terraform providers to make it simple to manage your virtual machines.
- As your demand shifts, you can easily scale your droplet horizontally.
- Deploy your droplet with any of the available distributions, including Rocky Linux, Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Fedora, etc.
- You are allowed to create a droplet with pre-installed applications, which include WordPress, NodeJS, MongoDB, Lamp, MySQL, Docker, etc.
Plans and Pricing
The droplets on DigitalOcean are available at very simple and predictable pricing. You just have to pay around $4 per month and get the privilege to deploy in seconds, scale up on demand whenever you need to, and run any kind of workload, no matter if it is a mission-critical app or a low-traffic site.
The Basic regular droplet starts as low as $4 per month and includes 512MB of RAM, 1 vCPU, 10GB SSD storage, and 500GB bandwidth. You can choose between regular, premium Intel, and premium AMD processors depending on the nature of your tasks.
For inventive tasks like machine learning, mass data processing, consistent performance, critical workloads, and mass data storage, DigitalOcean also offers droplets for intensive CPU processing, general purposes, memory-optimized, and storage-optimized tasks.
8. Black Host – Cheap KVM IPv6 VPS Hosting
Virtual private servers that are unmetered and are available at affordable rates are a dream come true for VPS users, and this is exactly what Black Host has in store for you. If you are tired of sharing your resources and IP address with others, you need to move to Black Host since it is extremely affordable and has some excellent features. It ensures that you get to have total control over your website or application and still enjoy some amazing features at lower costs.
- It allows you to experience what unmetered means by providing 100% unmetered traffic. You can easily send and receive unlimited traffic throughout the world.
- Your applications will now run extremely quickly thanks to NVMe-based RAID-10 arrays that are operating at around 1,000,000 iOPS.
- Data is served at extremely fast speeds to the users and still is highly reliable.
- You will have a truly dedicated environment due to KVM hypervisor virtualization, specifically designed to allow you to customize partition layout, CPU technology, filesystem, etc.
- The VPS plans come with guaranteed dedicated bandwidth thanks to the highly stable network backbone working in multi-locations throughout the world.
- Their unmetered servers allow you to enjoy fast VPS with the IO speed reaching up to 550 MB/second.
- Dedicated servers have no set limitations on monthly bandwidth usage.
Plans and Pricing
The Mini VPS starts at $2.99/mo and offers one vCore shared vCPU, 512MB RAM, 10GB NVMe storage, unmetered traffic, 10Mbps bandwidth, IPv4: 1, IPv6: /64, and FORWARD DMCA policy.
The Hobby VPS starts at $4.99/mo and offers one vCore shared vCPU, 1024MB RAM, 10GB NVMe storage, unmetered traffic, 25Mbps bandwidth, IPv4: 1, IPv6: /64, and FORWARD DMCA policy.
The Venture VPS starts at $6.99/mo and offers one vCore shared vCPU, 1024MB RAM, 15GB NVMe storage, unmetered traffic, 50Mbps bandwidth, IPv4: 1, IPv6: /64, and FORWARD DMCA policy.
The Fancy VPS starts at $8.99/mo and offers one vCore shared vCPU, 1024MB RAM, 20GB NVMe storage, unmetered traffic, 100Mbps bandwidth, IPv4: 1, IPv6: /64, and FORWARD DMCA policy.
HostSailor is probably the cheapest IPv6 VPS hosting provider on the list, thanks to its budget-friendly prices and innovative hosting solutions that it has come up with. When you use it as your VPS host, you need to sit back and relax since your website is in good hands, and the tech team is available to provide you with their support 24/7.
You can also enjoy guaranteed 99.9% uptime along with the highest level of security that takes your privacy to the next level. This is one of the rare VPS hosts that provide IPv6-enabled KVM configurations.
- The powerful VPS allows you to share a physical server in a hosting environment, consolidate multiple servers on a single server, and reduce operational costs.
- The IPv6 KVM VPS is specifically designed to proof your environment against network changes and instability.
- You can pay for your chosen plan using cryptocurrency, which means once you pick up your plan, you can pay for it then and there without wasting time and start using the service to boost your website.
- Hostsailor also gives VPS hosting add-ons, including extra bandwidth add-ons at two different prices of $1.25 per 512GB and $2.5 per 1TB, and DDoS protection of 20Gbps.
Plans and Pricing
HostSailor offers six packages consisting of amazing features.
The Mini Sailor package starts at 1.99 USD/month and offers 256MB RAM, 10GB HDD RAID10 storage, one core, 256GB bandwidth, 1Gbit network speed, 20Gbps NL DDoS Protection, and a control panel virtualize.
The Sailor package starts at 2.99 USD/month and offers 512MB RAM, 15GB HDD RAID10 storage, two cores, 512GB bandwidth, 1Gbit network speed, 20Gbps NL DDoS Protection, and a control panel virtualize.
The Seaman package starts at 5.99 USD/month and offers 1GB RAM, 30GB HDD RAID10 storage, four cores, 1TB bandwidth, 1Gbit network speed, 20Gbps NL DDoS Protection, and a control panel virtualizer.
If you are looking for a web host that will look after all your VPS needs at an extremely affordable price, this one is for you. Providing you with blazing-fast, powerful, and reliable cheap IPv6 VPS, AlphaVPS ensures that you enjoy the lowest rates and get the most out of your investment.
It stands out among competitors because AlphaVPS is quite easy to begin with since all you will need to do is choose a plan, configure your VPS the way you want it, and finally start using your VPS within just a few minutes.
- All of the VPS plans available on AlphaVPS come with full and unrestricted root access.
- Your app and website will work like never before, thanks to the blazing-fast Raid10 SSD arrays and a truckload of RAM that this platform comes with.
- You are allowed to scale up your resources at any time as your project needs to grow.
- All VPS plans reside on very powerful Dual Intel Xeon E5 nodes, which come with huge RAM per server allocations.
- Various operating systems, including Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS, and AlmaLinux, are available with an easy one-click reinstall at any time.
- You get to manage your VPS very easily, thanks to the fully integrated and intuitive server control panel.
- Their servers are kept highly secure as the platform takes security as its top priority.
Plans and Pricing
AlphaVPS has nine packages to choose from which are the following:
The basic plan costs $3.76 per month and offers an Intel Xeon E5 CPU, four vCores, 2GB RAM, 15GB SSD storage, and 1TB on 1Gbit/s bandwidth.
The second package costs $5.38 per month and offers an Intel Xeon E5 CPU, four vCores, 4GB RAM, 30GB SSD storage, and 1TB on 1Gbit/s bandwidth.
The third package costs $10.75 per month and offers an Intel Xeon E5 CPU, four vCores, 8GB RAM, 60GB SSD storage, and 1TB on 1Gbit/s bandwidth.
The fourth package costs $16.13 per month and offers an Intel Xeon E5 CPU, four vCores, 12GB RAM, 90GB SSD storage, and 2TB on 1Gbit/s bandwidth.
You can check all other plans on AlphaVPS by visiting their official website through the button below.
Since you have finally reached here, you now know that an IP address is your digital identity, and each of your devices is assigned one so that the internet knows where to send you data. Gaining popularity in recent times, IPv6 has been working as a network layer protocol that has replaced IPv4 due to an exponential increase in internet users.
For this reason, many web hosting companies have now moved to use IPv6 to provide their users with the best internet protocol available out there. While almost all of the VPS providers are now using IPv6, finding a web host that can meet all your other requirements, too, could turn out to be overwhelming for you. Therefore, in this article, we have covered the (best) cheap IPv6 VPS hosting options that not only provide excellent services and features but can also be quite light on your pocket.