12 Cheap Cloud Database Hosting Services 2022
If you are experiencing hikes and dips in your DB or database-based site traffic, cloud database hosting can prove to be great for you since it is known for being quite a scalable, flexible and reliable kind of hosting. Going with a cheap cloud database hosting not only saves you money but also allows you to store your data on multiple servers and get resources from different places, which can be beneficial for optimizing your website for ultimate loading speeds.
However, when you look online, hundreds of cloud hosting services have amazing features to offer to manage your site well. Selecting the best among so many options can definitely prove to be quite overwhelming.
Therefore, to ease that out for you, we have sorted out the best cheap cloud database hosting services for you to choose from so that your final decision is made easy.
What is Database Hosting?
Database Web Hosting is a kind of managed hosting where the database of the client’s choosing is run on hardware or infrastructure that a third party offers. The third party is responsible for configuring a suitable environment to offer managed services based on the client’s requirements, ensuring secure access, and also making sure that resources are available to scale the database whenever needed.
The database web hosting is specially designed to provide clients with an accessible and secure environment. A few of the major requirements that the database host has to look after are making the stored data quickly available to the owner, making the database secure enough to resist any kind of attack or corruption, and allowing significant room for growth.
Benefits of Database Web Hosting
Some major benefits that database web hosting has in store for its users include:
- Automatic scaling where both increasing and decreasing happen as per demands.
- Database hosting companies meet your hardware needs at a very affordable price. There is no need to pay for any hardware and invest in its maintenance.
- Database web hosting makes use of active monitoring to make sure your data is secure and untouched.
- It employs a Cloud-based environment or clustered physical servers with internal connections for redundancy, and therefore your database faces zero downtime.
- There are incident response plans that require monitoring every time.
12 Cheap Cloud Database Hosting Services (2022)
1. KamateraExpress – Recommended Best Cloud Database Hosting at Affordable Prices
From having 13 data centers all over the four continents to providing ultimate availability, Kamatera is known for its performance and amazing features because of its years of experience. They claim to be the fastest cloud on the planet, and there is no denying this fact since they have amazing features in store for you, including SSD storage, the Fastest Intel processor, 40 Gbit public and private networking, to count a few.
Using this service, you are allowed to deploy your own servers within seconds due to the presence of a user-friendly cloud management console. Bonus, no special or technical skills or knowledge is required to work on this platform which makes it suitable for beginners too.
What makes it one of the greatest choices when it comes to cloud database hosting is the fact that it allows you to set up the number of CPUs, GBs of RAM, and storage according to your demands and requirements and doesn’t restrict you to stick to their own plans.
Additionally, it comes with app servers through which you can create your application with optimal performance and reliable uptime, and you are also allowed to pick any app server that matches your needs and requirements the best.
The Kamatera Express has various features in store for you, including:
- Various email solutions to set up an effective and robust communication channel.
- Better security and accessibility due to cloud-based ERP solutions.
- Remote backup server to store your data securely.
- Virtual machine non-cloud ensures smooth CRM operation.
- No oversharing of RAM and CPU since each server has its own resources.
- Scaling up with a single click of the mouse.
- Low latency in running your applications.
- Servers are customizable.
- Customer support is excellent.
- Fastest networking speed.
- 300% more power per CPU compared to previous generations.
- 30-days free trial available.
- They only use VMWare virtualization, no KVM or OpenVZ (not a big issue though)
2. Vultr – Cheapest Cloud Database Hosting Servers
Coming with Powerful APIs and control panels, this platform gives you the freedom to spend more time coding and less time managing your infrastructure. This is because the platform is very simple to use and comes with a one-click deploy feature that makes sure that as soon as you click deploy, within 60 seconds, the Cloud takes over and spins your instances in the required datacenters.
Not only this, the powerful API is specially designed to bring automation to your business, and therefore any action that you perform on Vultr is automated in your systems easily. The platform is very secure and solid and provides 24/7/365 support to its customers, which is a win-win situation.
There are four plans, namely Optimized Cloud Compute, Cloud Compute, Bare Metal, and Kubernetes starting from 28 USD/month, 2.5 USD/month, 120 USD/month, and 10 USD/month. The Optimized Cloud Compute lets you combine CPUs with the right amount of RAM and SSD to make sure you are ready for big business challenges, and also, the noisy neighbors don’t slow you down.
The Cloud Compute starts at such a low price but provides high performance since you can deploy anything in seconds with your preferred OS or pre-installed apps. Bare Metal is a bit pricey, but the features make it worth it since you can access all underlying physical servers. Kubernetes is suitable for small businesses and provides you with fully managed services by deploying and scaling containerized apps.
Some exceptional features that Vultr has to offer include:
- Powerful control panel and APIs.
- Simple and intuitive server management due to the control panel.
- Managing backups and ordering servers is just a few clicks away.
- Options of several pre-installed apps.
- Prototype to production in seconds.
- 24/7/365 world-class technical support.
- The hosting services are reliable.
- The design and interface are very user-friendly.
- Account activation is quite quick.
- Customer support doesn’t include live chat or phone support.
3. InMotionHosting – Cheap Cloud VPS Database Hosting
Allowing you to deploy faster and providing great stability and exceptionally high performance, the InMotion platform is known for reliable cloud hosting services. From providing you complete control to root access with your choice of Linux Operating System to ensuring security and safety through Corero DDoS protection and dedicated IP address, this platform does it all without having you worry about anything.
The high-performance from InMotion makes sure that there is built-in redundancy and reliability so that your website never faces downtime. Additionally, it is so flexible that you can easily and quickly deploy according to your budget and requirements, which is quite rare to find in other similar platforms.
There are eight clouds VPS plans starting from cVPS-1, which offers 1 GB RAM, 1 CPU, 25 GB SSD storage, and 1 TB transfer at just 5 USD/month, and going up to cVPS-32 which offers 32 GB RAM, 8 CPU, 640 GB SSD Storage and 7 TB transfer at just 160 USD/month.
All of these plans include some amazing features like a resource monitoring dashboard, high availability, top-tier one network, server snapshots, dedicated IP, and allowing you to choose your own Operating System. Using this platform, you can also discover scalable and dedicated on-demand services.
Additionally, you can have a custom dedicated server configuration that allows you to control your apps, websites, and other custom business functions easily.
Here are a few of the unmatched features that InMotion Cloud VPS hosting has to offer:
- Bare Metal and Cloud VPS experts to give you helpful advice.
- Deploy faster to write more code and less worrying about your website.
- Install, set up, and configure the tools that you need.
- Enterprise hardware and software at an affordable price.
- Extra efficiency, affordable cost, and high performance.
- Upgrade your hosting plan for more disk space and RAM.
- Get to have a personalized solution.
- Tech support is outstanding from talented experts.
- Real-time server images for easy roll-backs.
- Dedicated IP lets you protect your online reputation and meet standards.
- Hardware clusters are monitored 24/7.
- Custom dedicated server configuration.
- Uptime needs improvement.
- There are no free backups.
4. CloudWays – Cheap Managed Cloud Database Hosting (MySQL DB)
A blazing fast database hosting that meets all your hosting requirements; yes, this is exactly what CloudWays is all about. Hosting Database has been made super easy with CloudWays because you will get access to the best MySQL database hosting for each of your projects which is specially designed to provide you with a rapid response with minimum hassles.
CloudWayshas come up with the best recipe for MySQL database hosting, which includes amazing elements like a built-in MySQL manager to simplify database issues, allowing secure remote connections to MySQL database, fastest and secure performance, advanced and premium add-ons, etc.
It comes with four premium and standard plans, and all the premium plans include some exceptional features like free migration, free SSL, optimization with advanced caches, team management, dedicated firewalls, Cloudflare add-on, 24/7/365 team support, automated backups, unlimited application installations, staging environment, auto-healing, SSH and SFTP access, regular security patching and much more.
The plans start from 12 USD/month and go up to 96 USD/month with a fair increase in GBs of RAM, number of processors, storage, and bandwidth. Also, the pricing is quite flexible and transparent, and you are free to pay as you go for a plan that suits your business the best.
Here are the exceptional features that this cloud database hosting has to offer.
- You get full control over your servers and applications.
- You are allowed to grow your business with freedom and the least restrictions.
- Enhanced load times for your apps.
- Reduction in bandwidth costs, loading times, and latency through Cloudfare enterprise.
- Three times faster SSD drives.
- Optimized stack with ready-to-use caches.
- All the servers are PHP 7.3 ready.
- Maximizes server and app performance through dedicated resources.
- The server speeds are faster than competitors.
- A free trial is available for three plans.
- Free SSL certificates are included in all plans.
- Pay as you Go pricing plan included.
- A bit difficult to use for beginners.
- You get to rely on two companies to keep your site up.
- Most of the add-ons are extra paid.
5. DigitalOcean – Best Managed Database Cloud Servers for Businesses
Are you looking for a database hosting that is completely managed and saves you the trouble and worry of getting things done on your own? DigitalOcean heard you! From updating, setting up, and backup, the DigitalOcean managed cloud database hosting does it all while you can just focus on the betterment of your app.
DigitalOcean offers various famous databases, including MongoDB, which is known for being the most popular database in present times. The other databases supported by DigitalOcean are MySQL (an open-source relational database), PostgreSQL (the most advanced relational database), and also Redis (an in-memory database).
Using this service, you can easily secure, tune, and set up the databases for production use at very simple pricing and have exceptional team support. It offers to start at a very simple price, i.e., only 15 USD per month, and you get to enjoy some amazing features like having fully managed databases, getting access to MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Redis, giving you highly scalable services, automatic failover, and free daily backups.
Along with saving you from complexity, the DigitalOcean managed database services offer some amazing features, including:
- You can scale up at any time for your business’ growth.
- Simplified UI or API lets you launch a database cluster in just a few clicks.
- Handle maintenance operations and updates.
- No additional cost or downtime for migrating your database from another site.
- Automatic backup daily.
- Minimize downtime in the event of failure.
- Lightning-fast performance.
- Data is encrypted at rest and in transit.
- It is quite affordable.
- Very efficient customer service.
- Detailed documentation for providing more information on product features.
- 100% dedicated vCPUs available for critical workloads.
- No cost for migration of your database from another location.
- If the main server goes down, the backup server takes over.
- SSDs provide fast data retrieving.
- There is no free trial.
- Additional cost for adding a managed database to your Cloud.
6. Amazon AWS – Free Cloud Database Hosting for 12 Months
Amazon is known for providing great services to users worldwide, and its AWS free database is no exception. The AWS free database offers you services that are required to deploy, build and run the database applications on the cloud and that too absolutely free of cost. It comes with 15+ purpose-built database engines that include document, ledger, wide column, key-value, relational, and many more databases.
Additionally, you get to enjoy a relational database that performs three to five times faster as compared to the popular competitors, and that is one of the major reasons that make it popular.
The AWS database is fully managed, which means your clusters are being continuously monitored to make sure that there is automated scaling and self-healing storage so you can just be able to focus completely on your application and not worry about these factors. It is specifically built for business and enterprise workloads and offers high availability, security, and reliability.
The free products from Amazon Aws include Amazon RDS, which is free for the whole year, Amazon DynamoDB, which is always free, and Amazon Redshift, which comes with two months of a free trial. The other four free products are AWS database migration service which is always free; Amazon ElastiCache, which is free for one year, Amazon MemoryDB coming with a two-month free trial; and last Amazon DocumentDB, with a free trial.
Here are the excellent features this database has to offer:
- Three to five times greater speeds.
- Only microsecond or sub-millisecond latency for non-relational databases.
- Excellent security and reliability.
- High availability.
- 15+ purpose-built database engines.
- Clusters are being continuously monitored.
- There is no hardware maintenance needed.
- Simplified disaster recovery.
- Encryption at rest and in transit.
- Storage performance and CPU are not guaranteed.
- There is no root access to the server.
7. Google Cloud – Best for Enterprises and Large Businesses
Google Cloud Databases is designed in a way to provide the best experiences to your customers from anywhere in the world through their excellent scalability, industry-leading reliability, and open standards. Bonus, it just requires a few clicks to get the best out of this platform.
It is also considered a groundbreaking platform for innovation since it provides limitless database systems with years of experience. It supports various database types, including relational, key-value, document, in-memory, and additional NoSQL.
The relational database provides google cloud services like cloud SQL, cloud spanner, BigQuery, and Bare metal solution and the key-value database provide service of cloud bigtable, which is a fully managed NoSQL database service.
When it comes to the Document Google Cloud database, it provides the services of fire-store and firebase real-time database. The in-memory type has the memory store service in store for the users, while the last additional NoSQL supports MongoDB Atlas and also provides Google cloud partner services.
Here are some of the features that this platform has in store for you:
- Reliable and secure databases.
- Greater than 99.95% availability anywhere in the world.
- Configure backups and replication to protect data.
- Easy migration to Google Cloud Database.
- Deployment and development of containerized applications.
- Supply chain management through Cloud Spanner.
- Big data analytics and processing through BigQuery.
- They are specifically designed for cloud-native businesses.
- Open source integration.
- Good portability.
- Strong data storage and analytics.
- Global data centers are few in number.
Microsoft comes with a number of databases, including NoSQL, fully managed relational, in-memory, etc., in order to fulfill the needs of modern app developers and website owners. It is designed in a way to save your time and money in the best possible way by providing automated availability, security, and scalability.
Managed databases by Microsoft Azure make your job easier, and all you need to do is focus on building your app while everything else like scaling, security, and performance is handled by Azure. It comes with ten different database products, including SQL Database, SQL Managed Instance, SQL Server or Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Database for PostgreSQL, Azure Database for MySQL, Azure Database for MariaDB, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Cache for Redis, Database Migration Service and Managed Instance for Apache Cassandra.
The SQL database is designed to provide you with managed and intelligent SQL in the cloud, while the SQL Managed instance is not only managed but always up-to-date SQL instance in the cloud. You can easily migrate your SQL workloads on Azure using SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines along with maintaining the compatibility of the SQL server.
The Database for PostgreSQL allows you to build secure, fully managed, and scalable enterprise-ready apps on open-source PostgreSQL. For a managed MySQL database service, you need to go for Azure Database for MySQL, which delivers high elastic scaling and availability to mobile and web apps. For knowing what the other five database products by Azure do, you can check the Database portion of Azure Microsoft.
Here are some exceptional database features that Azure Microsoft has in store for you:
- Ease of deployment and maintenance.
- Identifies indexes that need to be added or removed.
- Threat detection feature for detecting anomalous activities.
- Maintaining regulatory compliance through auditing.
- Transparent data encryption.
- Multi-factor authentication.
- Quite easy to use.
- Rich in features.
- A large number of regions for greater GDPR compliance options.
- It can easily use older SQL applications since 2005.
- It is unsuitable for human communication data.
Looking for a cheap cloud database hosting service that provides consistent pricing and doesn’t require any kind of commitments or reservations? Linode is your go-to option. With the simple and reliable managed database that it has to offer, it offers a very simple monthly pricing structure, so you don’t get to worry about committing to anything that you don’t need in the future.
What makes this service stands out is the fact that it provides free bundled services so that you can simply and easily buy and manage cloud infrastructure and also secure, launch, and scale your applications without any trouble or additional cost. Using their managed database, you will receive an email notification whenever new databases and features are added, which is great, so you don’t lack behind in anything.
You are also allowed to deploy high-performance database clusters and perform management tasks like disaster recovery, configurations, and managing high availability, data replication, and backups. The deployment is quite simple and fast due to the availability of CLI, API, or Linode Cloud Manager. You also get secure access and allow only specific IP addresses to access your data by adding trusted sources. The plans are also flexible, and you can choose from dedicated, shared, or high memory instances, whichever suits your database the best.
- Your data is backed up every 24 hours.
- Email notifications on the addition of new features and databases.
- Free cloud services to launch and scale your applications.
- Fully-managed database services for PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Deploy high-performance database clusters easily.
- Defer management tasks.
- Allows you to add trusted sources to access your IP address.
- High-performance cloud computing.
- Allows configuring features and calculating prices to match your needs.
- Pricing is quite reasonable.
- Backups are quite affordable.
- Backup routines are a bit complicated to understand.
How great would it be that you get to increase the performance of your website and easily manage your databases without getting to change your hosting plan? If this sounds fascinating to you, OVH Cloud offers you this with its additional MySQL databases. It is a great fit for developers since the platform offers easy and quick solutions to all your queries.
The MySQL solutions provided by this platform are not only the most popular among competitors, but they are also very affordable, so this can turn out to be a great option for you if you are tight on your budget and still want to enjoy some great features.
OVH cloud offers some excellent advanced features, such as automatic backup and the solutions they come up with are scalable so that all of your database needs are met easily. Even if you are running a company, the OVH cloud database services can prove to be great for you since they come up with database management solutions that offer great security.
All of your customer data is secured properly, and you can access it anytime you would want to. Over time, you will get the best performance and output that match your requirements and needs due to exceptional scalability.
Few of the features that this platform has to offer include:
- You are allowed to choose your MySQL version.
- For every database, 30 concurrent connections are allowed.
- Daily automatic backups for all databases.
- Storage limits can be exceeded on demand.
- Built-in or third-party email interface.
- Allows installing e-commerce tools like shopping carts on the website.
- Wide variety of cloud-based servers.
- The company has over two decades of experience.
- It is quite easy to set up.
- Pricing is pocket friendly for most of the plans.
- The standard customer support is not good.
Fully-managed database saves you the trouble of managing the essential components of your website, and the Cloud Web Hosting by ScaleGrid is all about that.
With a few simple clicks, the platform offers you to easily deploy, backup, monitor, and scale various databases, including PostgreSQL, Greenplum MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc. All of your database operations are taken care of by the team, while all you are left to do is pay complete attention to your product.
Using this platform, you can get SSH access to all the underlying machines, and therefore you will not face any problems while installing a plugin. Along with that, you are allowed to automate your database upgrades, log rotations, OS patching, and a lot of other features either monthly or as per your demand.
Some great features that ScaleGrid has to offer include:
- Migrate over hosting credits.
- Host in your own cloud account.
- 100% control over all of your deployments with full access.
- Allows installing custom extensions.
- SSH Root Access.
- Automated backups and disaster recovery.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Allows dedicated setup.
- Database service is solid and fast.
- Very easy to set up and get started.
- Responsive and knowledgeable help from customer support.
- Lack of multi-user accounts.
- Resizing the cluster and changing configurations is complicated.
A platform that hosts DBaaS on the Kubernetes cloud, DBaaS Clusters is known for providing 24/7 free technical support, which makes it stand out among the competitors.
The platform allows you to deploy in minutes, and a seven-day free trial to let you check if it meets all your database requirements so that your final decision becomes easy and precise.
They have two plans for their cloud web hosting from which the first one starts at 4.99 USD/month, offering 2 CPU cores, 2 GB RAM, 60 Gb SSD, and 60 GB SATA, while the second one starts at 15.99 USD/month and offers 4 CPU cores, 8 GB RAM, 160 GB SSD and 160 GB SATA.
Here are a few of the features that DBaaS Clusters offer:
- Pure SSD.
- Top-tier network.
- Powerful Firewall.
- Instant deployment.
- World-class hardware.
- Best data centers.
- 24/7 tech support.
- Free migration.
- They offer a free trial for clients for seven days.
- 24/7/365 tech support is available by in-house professionals.
- Offer discounts on long-term plans.
- The expert team offers fully managed database hosting.
- Simplified monitoring, backup, and recovery.
There is no wonder why you are interested in cloud database hosting since it is a modern and reliable form of hosting and has several amazing features in-store to help you manage your site quite well.
With our consistent research, we have selected the top 12 cheap cloud database hosting services that are not only excellent when it comes to providing you with advanced features but are also quite affordable and don’t cost you much.
If you are a beginner or even an experience site runner all these platforms will manage most of your site necessities while you relax and focus on your product.